In this topic, you will learn how to protect computer by free antivirus software and free tools. I will show you which antivirus software and firewalls are best for you. Here you will learn which software is best for your computer.
Antivirus protection is the core features of any antivirus software. It is available for paid and free versions. Free version is also doing good work. It protects against virus, spy, and Trojans. These softwares to you can secure your PC, emails, and digital assets.
- Microsoft Security Essentials : Microsoft has developed Microsoft Security Essentials. It is available into Windows 8 as a “Window Defender’. You can download it from Microsoft’s website. The best part of this software is you will get regular free updates and upgrades. Therefore, you can download and safe of your computer.
You May also like to Read: Best Security Apps for Mobile
- AVG Free: AVG Free is one of the big player in this industry. It provides handy tools for remove virus and malwares from your laptops. It will protect your computer against spy and virus. AVG free version has “Quick Tune Component” which clean registry errors, junk files, and remove broken shortcuts. It also protects your emails and online assets. If you want to make more secure your PC then you can buy paid version.
- avast! Free : Avast provides free antivirus software for protect your computer and its important data. Its boot scan feature is outstanding which cleans before malware can launch. It is also provides web reputation report while you surfing online. You can get free support by phone, and email. It is available and compatible for windows 8, Vista, and Windows XP.
Free Firewall to protect computer and laptop.
The firewall included into windows which can help you to block the incoming and outgoing connections by default. If you need to more secure your PC then go for the third party firewall. These applications will do well.
- Comodo Firewall:Comodo provides Free Firewall software for any user. Its best feature is that protects sensitive system areas and safe DNS against phishing URLs.
- ZoneAlarm Free Firewall : ZoneAlarm is most user-friendly software for windows user. It is protect computer, and give you best results. It offers smart protecting system, which can detect and blocks virus such as Trojan, Horse, worms, bots, and root-kits. It has best features for example you can check website reputations, do not track, and Facebook privacy scan.
If you want to know website is safe or not then use some free extension and plugins. Which can help you to inform about website. It will show you site reports like phishing URLs and many more.
AVG provides it’s “LinkScanner” it is free tool, which informing you if the pages appearing in Google Searches are safe or not.
McAfee SiteAdvisor: The SiteAdvisor feature is available for free if you wish to install it separately, otherwise The SiteAdvisor feature is included with paid versions of McAfee.
If you like to read this topic, How to protect computer against virus and malwares? Then Please comments us and share with your friends and family.