Wi-Fi that runs our life. Right? What if one day you forget your Wi-Fi password. Your answer must be that you will reset your router. Don’t worry here you will learn how to find wifi password on windows 10?
Forgetting passwords have become a common thing for today’s generation. We are using our mind in many things that sometimes we forget our passwords.
However, resetting the router seems a hectic procedure. Do you know that there are other ways to find your Wi-Fi password in windows 10?
There is a reason why we call computers as smart computer. Let us explain.
When you enter the Wi-Fi password for the first time in your windows 10, that whenever you use that Wi-Fi, you do not have to enter the password every time.
Therefore, if you forget your Wi-Fi password you do not have to rest your modem or router. You can get your password from your computer itself.
Wait. You must be wondering how to find fifi passwords in windows 10? So, let us explain in detail. Stick with us till the end.
Simple Steps To Find WiFi Password
There are simple methods to find your Wi-Fi password.
- From Network and Sharing Center
- See video and view saved wifi password
- Using CMD
Let us learn all these methods one by one.
Find WiFi Password From Network and Sharing Center
Your system provides you the facility that if you forget your Wi-Fi password you can easily find it through the network and sharing center. Below are the steps that you have to follow:
- Open Network and Sharing center in your PC
- In Network and sharing center click on the wireless network that you are connected to.
- After that, a Wi-Fi status window will open.
- Then click on wireless feature.
- Go to the Security tab, in the property window in the wireless network.
- Then check mark on the show character option.
- Here you can see your Wi-Fi Password.
See video to view saved wifi password on windows 10
How to Find WiFi Password Using CMD in Windows 10
Instead of going to the network and sharing center, you can also find your Wi-Fi password using CMD.
Below are the steps:
- Press Window Key + R, to open window.
- Then type “cmd” in the run window and hit the ok button.
- After running the cmd prompt, now go to the next step.
- To see the wireless network, give the command “netsh wlan show profile” in CMD.
- In the all user profile section, you will get wireless network on your computer.
- At cmd prompt write, “netsh wlan show profile”, your wireless network name “key = clear”
- After the wireless network information is listed, go to the security setting.
- Here you will get you password in the Key content in security setting.
By following the above-mentioned steps, you can easily find your Wi-Fi password.
In this article, we learned simple methods on how to find the Wi-Fi password in windows 10. Hope, this article was helpful for you.
Stay tuned for more such updates.