Today, where everyone is having his or her own printer, no one wants to go out for taking print. So, in this case, it becomes necessary for you to know how to find your printer ip address?
You cannot every time call any technical person to connect your printer with your computer. For connecting your Printer with your system, all you need to know is your printer’s IP address.
However, the question is, How to Find Your Printer IP address? How will you know that what is your Printers’ IP address, i.e. Internet Protocol address?
Well, no need to think too much about it. We are here to solve all your issues and make your work easy.
We will give you some easy ways to find your printer IP address.
These are the ways of finding the printer’s IP address:
For PC 1. From Router, 2. With Command Prompt.
For Mac 1. System Preferences, 2. Using the CUPS Webpage.
So, let us learn in detail about it.
- How to find Printer IP address in PC
- Find Your Printer IP Address from Router
It may sound unbelievable but yes, it is true. You can easily find your Printer IP address from your Router by following some easy steps mentioned below.
- Go to your web browser.
- Type Your IP address in the address bar.
- A window will open with asking your username and password.
- Enter your Router’s username and password.
- You will find the list of devices connected with your network.
- Your printer’s IP address will be somewhere in the list.
- There you will find other lists like network map, connected device list, network topology, etc.
So, by following the above steps you can easily know your Printer IP address.
- Find Your Printer IP using Command Prompt
If you do not want to go for Router then you can also find your Printer IP address using the command prompt. By going through the following steps, you can find your printer IP easily.
- Go to start menu and search cmd.
- A Window will open.
- Then type ipconfigin the command line.
- Then Press enter.
- Then find your IPV4 address in the window.
- Go to the new command line and type ping and give a space.
- Then type your IPV4 address.
- The press enter.
- Once the entire result is loaded type arp –a and press enter.
- The entire connection like dynamic and static using the IPV4 address will be loaded.
- Then open your web browser.
- Copy the IP address that you received from arp command and paste it in the browser.
- After pasting the IP address if the printer setup page opens, then it is your Printer IP address.
Go through these steps and find your printer IP address.
- How to find Printer IP address in Mac
- Find Your Printers IP address from System Preferences
You can also find your printer’s IP address in Mac. All you need to do is follow the below steps.
- Open the System preference from clicking on the apple logo on the top left corner of your screen.
- Once the System preference window will open, and then click on the printer and scanner.
- Then select the printer that is on the left corner column. Note: if there is more than one printer then the list will display on the right side of the printer and scanner menu.
- There you will get your printer IP address. That is mention under the location.
Therefore, the above was the procedure of finding the Printer IP address from system preference.
- Find Your Printer’s IP Address Using the Common Unix Printing System (CUPS) Webpage
You can also find your printer IP address using the CUPS webpage. Cups webpage is a page that is specially designed for finding the IP addresses.
Just follow the below steps and get your printer IP address easily.
- First, open the “Application” folder in your mac.
- Then open the “Utilities” folder.
- Then open “terminal”.
- Next type “cupsctl WebInterface=yes”.
- Then hit the enter button.
- Then Open Safari browser.
- In the address bar type “localhost:631/printers”.
- You will find your Printer IP address under the location column.
By following all the above mention methods or steps, you can easily find your Printer IP address for PC and Mac.
Hope you liked this article and it was helpful for you. Don’t forget to like, share, and Comment. Stay tuned for more such updates.